Obstetrics And Gynaecology
The PCEA Kikuyu Hospital has a well established Gynecological and Obstetric department. The department occupies a central role in managing reproductive health problems in both women and girls who present themselves with various gynecological and obstetric complaints.
The Department comprises of the following units:
1. Maternity ward.
2. Gynecological ward.
3. Antenatal clinic.
4. Mother and child Health clinic
5. Family planning clinic.
The following operations are carried out:
1. Caeserian sections.
2. Removal of ovarian cysts.
3. Total removal of the uterus.
4. Tubal resection in ectopic pregnancies.
5. Cancer screening.
6. Vagina vulval repairs.
7. Myomectomy or Fibroid removals.
The department is soon to undertake surgical enteruentious using minimally invasive procedures, after receiving advanced laparoscopy and hysteroscopy surgical equipment from USA in Dec 2010.
The department has the following personnel:
1. Consultant Gynecologist Obstetrician.
2. Medical officers.
3. Medical officer Interns.
4. Clinical officer interns.
5. Nurse Midwives.